Wednesday, November 26, 2008

subtle form



I usually post my poetry on my chan poetry blog, but this one I felt like posting here.


a subtle form which defies explanation.
there is a place that we each can go,
a shelter beyond the mundane existence
that seems to rule our lives.
it is the existence of eternity,
it is the face of infinity
that we fear.
yet this infinite presence
is with us each moment
and with each breath that we take.
I can see it in the shadows
of the large eucalyptus trees,
and I can hear it in the echo
of the albatross' song,
I can feel it in the warmth of the
mid-day sun against my skin,
it is timeless,
it is breathless,
it is beyond thought
and beyond understanding.
and yet you know
of what I speak
is true
and tangible
in this world of great illusion.
it is the name
of the nameless,
and the face
of the faceless.
and yet our lives
spring forth from it
every second that we breathe.
I can't define it,
or you or me
in the quantum physics
of a universe gone mad,
and yet I am simple
and present
and beyond any concept
that I had a moment ago.
but concepts are many
and our ideas become rampant,
it is in the quiet time of this peace
that overcomes me like a wave,
I don't ask for it,
I only know of it
I can't say it
or know it
or hold it in my hands.
but I know full well
with my entire existence,
that what I speak of exists
in a tangible way.
there is doubt
and there is belief
but what I have is faith
beyond measure.
it is borne on the wings
of a truth built on now.
and in this now
lies the entire cosmos
laid bare for all of us to see.
it is here
and not someplace else
that we come to find ourselves.
and in that instant
that we find it
then we know who we are,
and our loved ones
and our cherished ones
are safe
and protected from harm.

photo: Copyright Manisha Sharma Mount Haleakala, Maui, HI

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Uku said...

Dochong,

thank you for posting this great poem.

there is doubt
and there is belief
but what I have is faith
beyond measure.


So beautiful.

*bowing in silence with palms together*

November 26, 2008 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger Algernon said...

And we are glad you did!

November 26, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home